Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mercado Huancaro y Hospidaje Magico

After I told Luz I might have to move about because I found a place for a lot cheaper, she cut me a deal. I can stay here for very little if I cook for myself and buy my own gas for the stove. Good thing, gas is only 35 soles and it can last up to 2 months, maybe more, and food at the market is really cheap as well. I got 2 large heads of cauliflower and broccoli, a liter or more of yogurt, 1/2 a kilo of kiwis, a kilo of red oranges that taste more like grapefruit and a clove of garlic for under 10 soles. Dayum.








Honey 
Cuy... Poor Kufu...


 



Bread babies 
Fresh organic juice

They were killing the chickens before our eyes
Yogurt

Pumpkin





After the market I went to Aldea Yanapay's hostel to read the volunteer folder they suggested we check out. I'm glad I did because there are a lot of moving parts to this school and the volunteers have a lot of responsibility. I have to return tomorrow to see what section I'll be teaching or facilitating and what 'family' I'm with. I really am excited to be a part of this project. Their mission and motivations are really in line with how I desire to interact with the world. 

Their hostal is called Hospidaje Magico





Hair inspired by Gwenyth Paltrow in Sylvia
Time to go home...


 Now, knitting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful day!

♥ ♥ ♥