Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rainy Daze






Thrifted Betsey Johnson dress (40 bucks!) from Fox and Fawn, Victorian-inspired suede boots from Fox and Fawn, star and moon earrings from Mud and Metal.

Yesterday I finally went to Fox and Fawn, a vintage/designer thrift shop in the Lower East Side. My friend Pearl went there last week and told me that I absolutely HAD to go, so I did. And boy was I pleased! I got three pieces there all for around 40 bucks each including the Betsy Johnson dress and suede boots I'm wearing in these pictures.  I also got a Versace dress for 40 bucks that fits me beautifully. 

Now let me be clear, I was never a label whore. I watched in awe as my sister got Fendi after Gucci after Fendi purses of all shapes and sizes and spent hundreds of dollars on clothes casually. I on the other had saved money like a mad woman ever since I started getting an allowance which gives me the delight of getting the occasional thrifted designer piece without going completely broke.  It takes a little effort to take a three dollar top and make it look like 25, but it's doable, and I'm living proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful day!

♥ ♥ ♥